Amazing Pictures Photos

The Making of My "Sabrina" Dress... You On Here » » The Making of My "Sabrina" Dress...



This dress started out as a fitted halter blouse that I re-drafted into a drapey, flowy swing dress. I'm always blissfully naive and excited when I get pattern ideas. It never fails. I always go into them thinking it's going to be a simple and quick re-do and it never happens for me like that.  Looking back, I really wasn't fond of any of my pattern classes when I was in design school, probably because it always felt like I could never win and get that "perfect" grade (you're penalizing me because I was off one/eighth of an inch? Seriously?) but I can honestly say that I truly appreciate the close scrutiny and the invaluable knowledge that I gained from those classes now.



Overall I'm very pleased with the way my "Sabrina" dress turned out. I especially like the way it drapes. It's a beach/poolside/cocktail party "I'm on a boat" dress all wrapped into one, lol. 


you on The Making of My "Sabrina" Dress... http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2010/05/making-of-my-dress_20.html
related postThe Making of My "Sabrina" Dress... for you .

Blog Archive

Followers