Amazing Pictures Photos

Product Review: Clairol Hydrience You On Here » Product Review: Clairol Hydrience

It has been a very long time since my hair was one.single.color. I have been shades of brown, shades of red, brown with red highlights, brown with blonde highlights and so on.

I seem to find that every year in the weeks leading up to my birthday, I feel the need to change my hair color. It may just be me trying to hold onto my youth for just a little bit longer and this year is no different, as I will be 32 in August.

I am coming to New York City for my semi-first time next weekend. I say "semi-first time" because I did go to NYC when I was 13 to see the Rockettes with my dance school (Elke- and 5, 6, 7, 8!), however I only went to two stores in the city, so I didn't see much. One was a t-shirt shop where I bought a shirt that read, "I'm watching you look at my chest" (yes my mom let me buy that at 13!) and I also went to FAO Schwartz. So as I approach my big debut in the city and meeting a wonderful friend for the first time in person, I decided it was time to color my hair.

I typically go to a salon to have my hair colored, but due to my money tree going down stream in PA's recent floods, I opted for buying Clairol Hydrience and attempting to color my hair myself.

Let me preface this by saying, I have never colored my hair on my own before. My sister looked on and laughed at me in my feeble attempt at being a Colorist. She quickly took over and thank God for sisters!

Review:


I choose Clairol Hydrience's Level 3 permanent hair color in Sable Cove, which is a dark brown. This coloring kit is a moisturizing cream and comes with IntensivMoisture After-Color Therapy by Pantene. At the time of this hair coloring, my hair was light brown with blonde highlights. My natural hair color is dark brown, so this was my attempt to go back to basics.

I was quite amazed at how quickly this hair color took to my hair. Those blonde highlights quickly changed color and were saturated immediately. My sister even remarked on how amazingly quick my roots and highlights were soaking up the color.

Hydrience has a color guide on the side of the box that shows 3 depictions on hair color and the hair color results using Sable Cove. To be honest, the results shown on the box all look the same no matter what your original hair color was previously.

I began to worry when some parts of my hair began to look black. I could see purple in the dye and this freaked me out a bit. My sister told me not to worry and assured me that the color would be fine.

My skin did get slighty irritated and red when the cream got on my face and neck. I quickly wiped it away and after a few minutes the redness went away.

Hydrience had a very low amonia scent. I was pleasantly surprised by that.

I only had to wait 25 minutes and then rinsed my hair with warm water. I then applied the IntensivMoisture After-Care Therapy conditioner by Pantene and was happy to see that they give a pretty good size bottle in the kit. I have plently left over for at least another 2 uses.

After washing out the conditioner and towel drying my hair, I applied my Aussie Dual Personality Leave in Conditioner and Mousse and went to work styling my hair.

Wow. When the package says, "Lush and radiant color" they mean it. My hair has incredible shine, doesn't feel dry or brittle and the color just shouts Fabulous. Sable Cove is definitely a dark brown, which after years of dying my hair a lighter color, is a little shocking to see my original dark strands again. The color seems to be multi-faceted in and out of the light. Out of the light I would say it borders on almost black. In the sunlight, it is a rich dark brown color with some red highlights. I keep stopping to look at myself in the mirror to marvel at this amazing makeover in color.

My apologies to my hair stylist, I won't be coming back for my $90 coloring. It'll be my $8 miracle in a bottle from now on.

Tags: , , , , ,

you on Product Review: Clairol Hydrience http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2006/07/product-review-clairol-hydrience_9848.html
related postProduct Review: Clairol Hydrience for you .

Blog Archive

Followers