Amazing Pictures Photos

A Day In The Life: My Trip To New York You On Here » A Day In The Life: My Trip To New York

Picture this-- It's Thursday, the big day you are supposed to leave for New York where an action packed schedule awaits you. You were supposed to get up at 5am to get yourself (and the kids) ready so you can leave at 6:15am to catch a bus for 7:20.

Now imagine--"Shannon! It's 6am! Did you sleep through your alarm?"

Crike!

Not only that, but it is pouring--POURING--out. I don't own an umbrella, I have a car for pete's sake. So I ask my husband if we had an umbrella somewhere in the house. "Sure" he says as he brings me a black umbrella with bright yellow smiley faces on it. Ahhh--no thanks.

So we decide that we are packing the kids up and my husband was going to drive me into the city, as the next bus would never get me into the city on time. On our way into NYC, we find a WalMart and dash through the rain to pick up a plain black umbrella. Driving in NYC is craaazy, so we try to calm the kids nerves of incessant horn honking and people almost crashing into our car by telling them to look to the tops of the buildings for Spiderman and Superman. My 5 year old shouts out, "I knew it! There's the Daily Bugle!"

I finally arrive at my hotel, check my bags and grab a cab to meet Andrea from Glamour at Haru. In pouring down rain the cab driver makes me get out and walk a city block because he doesn't "feel like" driving around to the restaurant. So I walk in a downpour with big wind gusts hitting me--thank God for water-resistant trousers!

Let me tell you that Andrea is stunning. You think she is beautiful in her pictures in the magazine and on the Glamour blog? See her in person. I was an awkward mess of course, I probably talked way too much and she probably wished she had brought some Tylenol with her from the headache my rambling caused her, but she was gracious and wonderful--and I found, a lot like me.

And she convinced me to give Sushi a try--and I love it!

I wished lunch didn't have to end, but then I was off to the office, to where I finally met most of my co-workers and the CEO for the first time--funny that I have worked for them for more than a year and have never met them in person! And they are all great great great. Totally loved the in-house spa, although I didn't get to test it out. I'll have to see if I am allowed to blog about it here so you can get a behind the scenes look.

Back to the Hotel QT to check in and then getting off the elevator to leave for my next event, I run into Miss Beauty Addict herself. We hug and then I'm off to Bar Americain for dinner with an editor from a PR publication (not sure I can say who, sorry for the vagueness). Again--I was awkward and talked too much, but she was a wealth of knowledge and super nice. If you happen to find yourself at Bar Americain, try the grilled venison and red cabbage bread pudding! YUM! Plus the staff is awesome.

After dinner I was back to the hotel around 9 hoping to catch up with friends, but that didn't happen (which was very disappointing) and I ended up just crashing from exhaustion. I think the fact that the Hotel QT has the most comfortable bed in the universe helped too.

What a day.

you on A Day In The Life: My Trip To New York http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2007/11/day-in-life-my-trip-to-new-york_1094.html
related postA Day In The Life: My Trip To New York for you .

Blog Archive

Followers