Amazing Pictures Photos

New York Day Two: Fashion, PR and Hem Tape You On Here » New York Day Two: Fashion, PR and Hem Tape

Veteran's Day weekend I happened upon a super fab sale at JC Penney's. I am now in love with trousers, I'll have you know. My shape looks so much better in trousers than they do in jeans, but sitting at a desk in your home office with a squirming 6 month old on your lap is no place for trousers. So they will stay reserved in my closet for my next NYC trip.

I mention my lovely trousers because I discovered why seamstresses charge so much for hemming pants--it takes too damn long to do. So on a tight budget my aunt recommended "hem tape." I roped in my friend Barb and we took up 3 inches on my trousers (ha and that is with "petite" length pants!) with this miraculous product! Have you used it? It's like iron-on super glue! And no one was the wiser.

Day Two (see day one here) of my adventures in NYC was spent wearing my super fab (and perfectly hemmed) trousers and going to a seminar on PR. I met fabulous people and learned a whole lot. I also ate the most decadently light cheesecake at The Williams Club. I almost engulfed it, had it not been for sitting at a table of 9 very professional people. I'm sure you can relate to a time like that--insanely yummy dessert you want to take down in one bite, but there's people watching and we are civilized and stuff.

Dinner that night was with Marina, who is a gem and gorgeous. We ate at Celeste, which was delish except so super cramped. If I really wanted to, I could rest my head on the shoulder of the guy at the next table.

Which reminds me--I was hit on 3 times during my trip! Ha! I found that amusing considering I am a 33 year old mom of 4 who has forgotten what it's like to be googled by men. My husband is wonderful mind you, but for 11 years now no one else has attempted to amuse me with flirting.

I did see Erika and Annie in the elevator, but unfortunately for me (but not for them) they were whisked around the city for Total Beauty and I never got the chance to meet up with them.

I have to say, I had an amazing two days in NYC. I can't wait to go back again.

you on New York Day Two: Fashion, PR and Hem Tape http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2007/11/new-york-day-two-fashion-pr-and-hem_20.html
related postNew York Day Two: Fashion, PR and Hem Tape for you .

Blog Archive

Followers