Amazing Pictures Photos

Creating My "Sasha" Dress... You On Here » » Creating My "Sasha" Dress...



Wow, I haven't done a sewing post in a while, right? Well I felt it was time to remedy that, and I've been sewing quite a bit so I wanted to show you what I've been up to. For this particular dress, my "Sasha" one shoulder belted mini, I had the fabric long before I knew what I wanted to do with it. It wasn't until I started seeing all of the one-shouldered trends on the runways that I had my "lightbulb moment" and my fabric and design came together...


I heart finished sketches. I use templates for all my sketches and just draw my clothes on top. I like to go a little crazy with the hair, makeup and accessories though.



Above is my "Sasha" dress coming together... I elasticized the waistline and there's no zipper in my sample dress. But a zipper can easily be added and the elastic waist can be eliminated to make a one shouldered belted sheath without losing the integrity of the dress. And of course, this dress has POCKETS :)



And finally, POW! My finished sample dress! I have to say that the "Sasha" dress is one of my faves. I usually make all of my prototypes/samples in my size to fit them on a real body and this dress is quite cute on. Have you visited my etsy shop yet? Check it out today!

you on Creating My "Sasha" Dress... http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2010/03/creating-my-dress_237.html
related postCreating My "Sasha" Dress... for you .

Blog Archive

Followers