Amazing Pictures Photos

Cool site! FashMatch.com You On Here » Cool site! FashMatch.com

Sometimes the great thing about being a Beauty Blogger is when people ask you for your opinion on something. I received a wonderful email last week from one of the owners and creators of a very cool fashion website called FashMatch.com

The concept is simple, mix and match outfits online, find stuff you like and then you have the ability to buy it. As a woman who only buys outfits already put together on a mannequin, then tack on the fact that I am always pressed for time with 3 boys who cannot quite understand my love of shopping, and you get a girl who often resorts to t-shirts and jeans.

I completely love the idea of this website. I can mix and match tops, bottoms, shoes, accessories and even dresses. I can filter everything by brand, style and price. Not only that, if I love an outfit I put together, the site links me to the website so I can buy it on the spot. What's also cool is that you can view matches made by other members. I am pretty sure there are people out there more creative than myself, so I am sure I will be paying attention to outfits they are putting together.

FashMatch is free to join, and the part I found the coolest? It was the brainchild of a man! When I asked Jon who thought of the idea for this website and why, he replied, "The inspiration for this website was my girlfriend. I noticed she spent time looking at suggestions on what to wear, but she couldn't actually make anything of it. Basically she, as many girls, don't buy complete outfits, they purchase things that would match items she already has. So she would say, 'That skirt is beautiful, but I don't have anything to wear it with.' Or, 'That jacket is beautiful, but is not my style.' Since I have some experience with technology I thought: I can do this better!"

And Jon, you certainly did.

He further commented, "I noticed that fashion magazines offer static, limited and non-personalized suggestions on what to wear and I thought...why not do the exact opposite, and have people themselves say what's in and what's not."

I love this idea!

Jon collaborates with other bloggers in various countries for his website and as he says, "It is a project of a few young guys." You will be surprised and amazed at how much these "few young guys" are completely in tune with what women want and fashion.

Kudos Jon! This is a fantastic site!
www.FashMatch.com

Tags: , ,

you on Cool site! FashMatch.com http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2006/08/cool-site-fashmatchcom_14.html
related postCool site! FashMatch.com for you .

Blog Archive

Followers