Amazing Pictures Photos

Review: Moonpye Jewelry You On Here » Review: Moonpye Jewelry

One of my Country Bunny customers, Monica Lunn, handmakes beautiful jewelry. When she heard I was going to NYC, she asked me if I would like to wear any pieces of her jewelry during my trip. Naturally I wanted to look fabulous, so I certainly did not decline her offer! I picked a bracelet and earrings that looked to match my weekend attire well.


The bracelet I chose had 6 mm beads made of a semi-precious gemstone called Crazy Lace Agate. It also contained .925 sterling silver spacer beads and a sterling silver clasp. It was classy and beautiful.

The earrings were 6 mm Tigers Eyes, which is also a semi-precious gemstone, and Preciosa Czech AB Crystals. AB is for Aurora Bourelis because of the sparkley finish on them. The leverback post part was silver plated, however she does make earrings that are .925 sterling posts. There's also a tiny .925 sterling silver bead on each earring.

Monica uses a stainless steel cord to string her beads on, which I found was very durable and held up to little fingers constantly pulling at it. She also pointed out to me that all pieces of jewlery should have a weak spot, so that if it breaks, it breaks in a place that she can repair it without an issue.

I asked Monica how she began making jewelry and was suprised to learn that Monica had Post Partum Depression after the birth of her child, and she felt she needed a creative outlet to help her work through her PPD. In her own words, "When I discovered I could create something beautiful even through the despair I was experiencing emotionally, it literally helped me see the light at the end of the tunnel." This made me have a new respect for Monica because so many women out there suffer in silence. It makes me proud to hear that Monica chose a wonderful creative outlet to get her through her dispair, to create such beautiful jewelry.

Monica is a stay at home mom to 2 beautiful children and lives in Northeast Pennsylvania (literally 15 minutes from me!) If you would like to see photos of some of the jewelry Monica has made you can visit her gallery here. Be sure to click the pictures, and it will take you into an entire album. You can also purchase her jewelry for sale and she will make pieces custom ordered, you can visit her website at www.Moonpye.net

Not only is Monica talented at making jewelry, but she is also a talented photographer. Please be sure to check out her photography of NEPA while on her website. You will be able to see through her eyes how gorgeous my area is here in the Poconos.

Tags: , , , , , , , ,

you on Review: Moonpye Jewelry http://amazing-pictures-photos.blogspot.com/2006/08/review-moonpye-jewelry.html
related postReview: Moonpye Jewelry for you .

Blog Archive

Followers